Ways To Make My Artificial Grass Fluffy Again In Vista
Artificial grass can be a great addition to any home, providing a luscious, green lawn all year round. However, over time it can lose its original fluffiness and start to look a little undone. If this has happened to your artificial grass, don’t worry – there are plenty of ways to bring the fluffiness back! Here are some ways to make your artificial grass look fluffy again:
- If your artificial grass is starting to look a little flat, giving it a good brush can help restore some of the fluffiness. Use a stiff bristled brush or even a broom to give the grass a vigorous brush in the direction of the pile. This will help loosen any flattened or matted grass and restore some of the fluffiness.
- If your artificial grass is really looking flat and lifeless, using a garden hose to lightly spray it down can help. Be sure to use a gentle setting on the hose, as too much pressure can damage the grass. This will also help to remove any dirt or debris that may be clogging up the blades of grass and preventing them from standing up properly.
- There are specialised cleaners available that are designed specifically for artificial grass. These cleaners can help to restore the original colour of the grass and also help to bring back some of the fluffiness. Be sure to follow the instructions on the cleaner carefully, as using too much or leaving it on for too long can damage the grass.
- If your artificial grass is really in need of a deep clean, using a power washer can help. Be sure to use a low pressure setting on the power washer and hold it at least 12 inches away from the surface of the grass. This will help to avoid damaging the grass while still giving it a thorough clean.
- If your artificial grass has an infill, this can sometimes settle over time and start to compress the blades of grass, making them look flat. Simply fluffing up the infill with a rake or brush can help to restore the fluffiness of the grass.
Can Artificial Grass Be Relaid?
If your artificial grass is starting to look a little worse for wear, it may be time to consider relaying it. This is a pretty big job, so it’s best to leave it to the professionals. They will strip away the old turf and replace it with fresh, new turf that will look just like new!
Should You Sand Artificial Grass?
If your artificial grass is looking a little flat, you may be tempted to sand it down in order to restore some of the fluffiness. However, sanding artificial grass can actually damage it and make it more susceptible to tearing and matting. So, it’s best to avoid this method if possible.
Why Do You Put Silica Sand On Artificial Grass?
Silica sand is often used as an infill for artificial grass. It helps to keep the blades of grass upright and also provides a bit of weight, which helps to keep the turf in place.
It is perfectly normal for artificial grass to lose some of its fluffiness over time. However, there are plenty of ways to bring the fluffiness back! From brushing and spraying the grass down to using specialised cleaners or even power washing it, there are plenty of options available to help you get your artificial grass looking fluffy again in no time! For more information, contact Artificial Turf Vista at (760) 316-1167.